Treatment for recurring scabies

I recently noticed that I had several bites on my I went to the doctor and they gave me pedestrian 5 percent body cream and 1 percent hair lotion...I followed the directions and this is the second day I noticed I am still getting bit. Is this normal? Also I have not come in contact with anyone that had nor has scabies ...Could I have been infected by ear mites from my dog?
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Scabies Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin condition and I hope I am able to help you in the same. You seem to have developed scabies and were treated for the same by your dermatologist. Now I would like to tell you that once you apply the anti scabies lotion, the mite tends to die but there can still be development of New itching lesions over the body for three to four weeks since the New lesions develop as a result of a hypersensitivity reaction to the presence of mite. So I would advise you to wait for sometime and continue with the intake of oral antihistamines for some time. Also if the itching is very bothersome, you can apply a topical steroid cream like cortisone over the lesions twice a day which will help in reducing the itching and the allergic reaction. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul