Ask a Dentist   »  

Treatment for recurring red and burning feeling on inside bottom lip?

Thank you. A reoccurring red and raw burning feeling on my inside bottom lip. It hurts and stings so bad when trying to eat or even sleep. Will last up to a week, sometimes longer. What do I put on it or rinse with. I have tried the canker sore rinse but it doesn't do much. XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: could be apthous ulcer Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome. Thanks for sharing your concern. As per the history posted here it appears to be an apthous ulcer but I would request for few more details to answer better in this regard. 1. Since when do you have this sensations in your lip? 2. Are you taking any medication presently?Please elaborate upon your medical history( if any)? if possible please attach a photograph of the lesion here. Awaiting response. Thanks. Take care