Treatment for pain in arms between the elbow

Infectious Diseases Specialist
my husband has a pain on his arm between his elbow and was told by his dr to take a aleeve but it is not helping
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Following pain-relieving advice... Detailed Answer: Hi, If Aleeve is not helping in reducing the pain your husband is feeling on his arm between his elbow, then, I suggest to : - massage the pain area - apply warm clothing - apply local o.t.c antalgesic cream to reduce pain - you can shift from aleeve to another pain-killer like diclophenac or ibuprofen (orally) - get vit.B complex supplementation - drink more water - avoid moving the elbow in excessiveness or avoid keeping it on the table or other hard surfaces for long periods (e.g. in front of computer/tv) - keep the elbow banded with supporting (pain relieving) bandage If no improvement within a week, should consult his doctor for further evaluation. Wish fast recovery to your husband! Dr.Bardha Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!