Treatment for night sweats and green mucus?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
I'm 79 yeas old, For the pass month or so I have been having night sweats, and sometimes even during day. Also I'm coughing up lots of light green mucus. I do have COPD but it's not like that.
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Urgent X-ray / Ct scan of chest and sputum tests Detailed Answer: Hi, I have noted the history and I am slightly concerned with it. I would order for X-ray or (preferably) CT scan of the chest at the earliest to rule out pneumonia or a collection of pus in the lungs. Sweating with expectoration of green mucus leads me to this direction. In addition it would be worthwhile to undergo other tests such as sputum ( Mucus) tests: gram staining, AFB staining, Culture and Sensitivity to help in further management. Please visit the nearest doctor and proceed to be evaluated. Fever may not be there in few forms of infection. Your doctor will know about those tests. I hope this helps you early diagnosis and proper early treatment to avoid sinister complications.