Ask a Urologist   »  

Treatment for loss of bladder control despite mesh implant in bladder?

I have had mesh implant for my Blatter&it is not working & I need it to be fixed so I don't pee my pants or use a lot of poise liners. I heard of a lady Dr. That could fix the problem.
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Difficult procedure with high failure rates Detailed Answer: Good day Miss CLH! Thank you for asking. I am Dr S Khan and i would like to help you with your concern for this recent procedure not working. Miss CLH what you had is called Augmentation Cystoplasty and it s done to fix the issues like yours and failure rates and improper working are all correlated with the expertise and periprocedural techniques and has resulted in many lawsuits recently. Now providing your case it looks like the procedure has not went well and it needs to be reconsidered. I recommend you seek a competent urologist irrespective of the gender and let them help you with this issue as it needs a lot of monitoring and follow ups with medicinal support. Mean while if you insist on a female surgeon you will find many in your location. I don't know the one right now but i can look it up for you so can you by yourself by just googling them. Hope you see it in right perspective. Seek an expert opinion for further management Take care Khan