Ask a Urologist   »  

Treatment for involuntary urine leakage after bowel movements?

I'm slightly over weight ( 94kg - 5.11") 40yrs old male Indian married with 4 kids, from past few years when I pass urine or does stool/motion, I feel urine leaks in few drops after few minutes. specially after stool/motion performing my anus becomes hard like rubber and after 10-15min when muscles becomes flexible/normal and again few drops of urine leaking almost every time - please advice with Specialist Doctor I should visit.
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Urine leaking can be normal Detailed Answer: Hi Urine that leaks after stool could sometimes be normal. This is actually the left out urine in the urethra. The left out urine could be because of different reasons like enlarged prostate, stricture or at the kink of penile urethra. I suggest you to milk the urethra after every urination and defecation to empty it. If you have discomfort in between scrotum and anus it could be prostatitis. In such a case you need 3 to 4 week antibiotic treatment as well. All these can be well examined and treated by Urologist. So please visit a local Urologist and get the things done easily.