Treatment for gynecomastia?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
hi doctor i am from india, bangalore 26 yrs male, height 5'11 weight 88KG i have man boobs,
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be gynecomastia and may need surgery, Detailed Answer: Hi. After seeing the attached photo, I am of the opinion that this can be a condition called gynecomastia that is enlargement of the breast. A surgeon can be in a position on clinical examination to tell you whether this is just a collection of fat or a real condition of gynecomastia which needs removal by surgery. You can go for surgery if you feel awkward about it.
Follow-up: Treatment for gynecomastia? 1 hour later
Thanks Dr., when i was in college, i was very skinny but still had chest fat infact i was underweight. Any other way to cure this other than surgery. if i go for surgery what is the cost, treatment time.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Cure only with surgey Detailed Answer: I am so sorry to tell you that there is no other way other than surgery to cure this. We have not seen any results with other treatments people have already tried. The time - this is a day-care surgery. BY evening you can be at home. Costs- You will have to ascertain with Surgeons in Bangalore, as you know in India the cost are varied according to the area and the Surgeons and Hospitals you prefer. I would advise you to see General Surgeons in Bangalore with their own set-ups for reasonable costs. OR a bigger center if you have insurance ( I am afraid if Insurance companies allow for gynecomastia- make it very clear before you take a decision) And as I told, the Surgeon would examine you and confirm the diagnosis and management. Hope this answer helps you.