Treatment for furuncle on the knee

looks like a ingrow on the knee but is very red, hard,hot and unable to walk.
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: antibiotic therapy Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query and photograph. It is looking like furuncle, a bacterial infection. You need treatment with an antibiotic like amoxicillin and topical mupirocine. I would also start you on antiinflammatory tablets like diclofenac to reduce pain and redness. Antibiotics might not be available over the counter so please meet a doctor and get it prescribed. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you