Treatment for epilepsy

Nov 2013

Hi i'm XXXX, my dauhter is 6 months old and she had an epilepsy fit a month back and now she is having epilepsy fit daily since last three days so is it good to start valparin 200 sodium valproate orel solution I.p.
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Epilepsy
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query regarding your daughter's epilepsy. It is advisable to start anti-epileptic drugs in your daughter as she has had multiple fits. Valparin syrup (sodium valproate) is a safe and effective anti-epileptic drug for your 6-month old daughter. Further evaluation should be done by a neurologist, who may advise blood tests, EEG and brain scan. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: