Treatment for burning sensation in legs and feeling cold?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need to keep your diabetes well controlled. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have type 2 diabetes since last 35 years and taking medications once in a while suggesting it that your blood sugar levels are not under control. The problem of burning in the legs is most likely to be due to peripheral neuropathy (Neuritis)secondary to diabetes. Please consult qualified Diabetologist and get following basic tests done 1)Fasting and Post Prandial blood sugar levels.(Blood sugar levels on empty stomach and two hours after lunch) done to assess the present blood sugar status . 2) HbA1C which indicates blood sugar levels and status of sugar control over a period of last two months. 3) Serum Lipid Profile Please take Methyl Cobalamin along with Vitamin B complex and Folic acid to get relief from burning in feet. All these medications help to improve nerve conduction and regeneration. Please note keeping diabetes well control will avoid all complications in various organs of the body.So make it a routine to take medications as per advice of your Diabetologist and monitor your blood sugar levers at frequent intervals (Every month) Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
People also viewed
- Cold feet and legs ayurveda treatment
- Treatment for prolonged colds
- Mud like bowel movement
- Bowel motions like water smell of rubber
- Is irregular heartbeat a side effect of novolog mix 70/30?
- Is fast or irregular heartbeat a side effect of cilostazol?
- Treatment and cure for cold sore treatment
- Sanjeevani cold laser treatment
- Bowel movements smelled like yeast
- Treatment for burning sensation in legs and feeling cold
- Is itching a side effect of glimepiride/rosiglitazone?
- Paper like substance in bowel movement
- Bowel that smells like a permanent
- Is dark urine a side effect of glimepiride/rosiglitazone?
- Is pinpoint red spots on skin a side effect of cilostazol?