Treatment for acne on forehead

I do have acne in my forehead only, I consulted 2 to 3 dermatologist, but could not get relief yet. There is a function in my home in next week. So how would clear my acne. You please suggest me the best
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kavita Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Use topical anti-acne gel or ointment Detailed Answer: Hi, I appreciate your concern. I would advisce you to use regularly salicylic acid based face wash. Avoid use of any oils or creams. You can use non oil based sunscream.Drink plenty of water alongwith eat lots of fresh fruits. Avoid eating nuts.You can also use topical antiacne ointment. I usually recommend use of clindamycin ointment twice daily. Hope it would be useful. Kindly ask , in case of any query. . Dr. Kavita Paul
Follow-up: Treatment for acne on forehead 20 minutes later
I tried clindamycin, but no use of it... its on forehead only, my skin is not oily, my skn is sensitive.. its painful bumps, dermatologist suggest me to take sotret but due to this mediine my face get so much sensitive, even after taking sotret my skin get red, burning, dryness and tanning over my face.. so you please suggest me the best way thriugh which i can get rid of those acne..
Answered by Dr. Kavita Paul 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Continue using sotret Detailed Answer: Hi again As you told that you have resistant acne over the forehead, I would also advise you to continue with the sotret capsules as advised by your dermatologist. See this is the best possible treatment for the type of acne that you have. Sotret acts by causing excessive dryness of the skin, so it is very important to use a good oil free moisturizer along when taking these capsules. You can also alternatively apply a little coconut oil over the dry areas of the face. Also since you have acne, so it is important to use a sunscreen on regular basis so as to prevent the chances of development of pigmented acne scars. In addition, avoid the use of hair oil as much as possible since the hair applied over scalp tends to come to forehead and aggravate acne lesions. Since sotret is a very effective treatment option, topical drugs like clinamycin are not very essential to be used along. Hope it helps Please ask if you have any other query Dr Kavita Paul
Follow-up: Treatment for acne on forehead 16 hours later
Which is the best coconut oil I can use on my face??
Answered by Dr. Kavita Paul 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: use only for dry skin Detailed Answer: Hi, I would advisce that you use coconut oil only if you feel that your skin is very dry primarily or secondary to the medicine. Apply it on the dry areas of skin. You can use any brand coconut oil; it doesn't matter. Hope it helps.