Treatment for abnormal levels of creatinine and GFR?

My 29 year old son had a routine physical check up and his creatinine was found to be 1.84 and his GFR 42. An ultrasound was done, but it showed non specific kidney disease. He is having a kidney biopsy done. His cholesterol level was at 334 and has high blood pressure. He is taking Lisinopril 5 mg and Simvastatin 20 mg. My son had the flu after Christmas and had severe dehydration. His Physical was done on XXXXXXX 30, 2014
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it will be very early to comment on anything , Creatinine and GFR can rise even after having dehydration as you give the history . Kidney biopsy can only give the definitive answer . If the size of kidneys would have got altered that was a matter of concern . Blood pressure can be related to kidney problem or vice versa that needs to be seen . Presently he is on right treatment and hope he will get better with this . If he is obese he will need to reduce weight which will be better for him and also decrease the Blood pressure and cholesterol . Let the kidney biopsy come then we will see , because in such conditions when a person gets High BP in young age it can often be secondary to Kidney conditions . Take care. Dr. Shruti