Treatment for abdominal pain, frequent urination and constipation?

Feb 2013

Dear Dr. I am having slight abdominal pain above the naval for last one week and have constipation too, I need to go 3-4 times to clear my stomach but still feel heaviness. I have observed frequent urination as well. My medical history is mentioned in the MH column.

Please ad vise.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 4 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The slight abdominal pain above the naval may be due to gastritis.

Gastritis may be caused by the drugs presently you are using for rheumatoid arthritis.

Indocap SR contains indomethacin which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) which may cause gastric irritation.

Sazo 500 contains sulfasalazine which also causes gastric irritation.

Both drugs should be taken with meals or immediately after meals to avoid gastric irritation by the drugs.

So I advise you to take these medications with meals to avoid gastritis.

If the pain is moderate to severe, use of antacids like omeprazole (prescription is required) may be required to lessen the gastritis.

Avoid spicy, junk, and sour food.

For constipation take food containing more dietary fiber.

Dietary fiber makes stool bulky by retaining water in it and makes soft and bulky for easy passage.

Frequent urination requires examination of urine sample for complete urine examination to look for any presence of infection or glucose.

And physical examination by your Physician is important to assess the cause for pain abdomen and frequent urination.

Therefore I advise you to visit your Physician for these complaints, get examined, and evaluated further and for the prescription of drugs for your symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.