Treated with z-pack for sinus infection. Have mild fever and weakness. Should I be concerned?

Sep 2012

I've been sick since Halloween. Started with a sinus infection which was treated with a Z pack that didn't work so they put me on amoxicilline. That didn't work so they changed me to avelox sp? I finished that then came down with the flu. I'm not sneezing and my fever has gone but I feel feverish and I'm so weak it's hard to function. I can get around my house but if I try to go somewhere I feel so tired driving I'm worried I will pass out. I'm not sure if I'm should go back to the doctor or wait until the weakness passes. My head still feels full but I'm not blowing my nose. Is this in my mind because I've felt ill for so long?
Posted Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 40 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, you were sick for pretty long time. Secondly, you had to take so many antibiotics. Besides giving you relief from infection these drugs also made you feel weak. So, the weakness is quite natural in this time and the it is definitely due to the illness and the medicines you were taking.

What you have to do is just take rest adequately. Try to avoid driving. Take some good balanced nutritious diet. Specially, try to take some fresh fruits. These are quite helpful in this time. You can also take a multivitamin agent containing micronutrients. These will boost up your immunity and help you to overcome this weakness.

Wait for 6 to 7 days. If the weakness do not go away within this time period, consult with your treating doctor for revaluation.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.