Treated for non-diabetic neuropathy. Have swelling in calf, which goes down on sleep. Required treatment?

I have non-diabetic neuropathy and for some time have treated it within reasonable limits. I take several supplements for this suggested by the Neuropathy Ass. Recently the calf of my right leg swells up during the day and quite hard. After sleep it goes down. My pulse is strong and regular. I am 83 and otherwise reasonably healthy. A few days ago I started taking a top diuretic thinking it might be excess fluid. No change. It doesn't pain me.
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Hello dear, swelling in calf, which goes down on sleep, must be related to cardiovascular system.

It is due to accumulation of blood when you stand and which goes back when you lie down.

Please don’t take diuretics, this may harm you.

You don’t have pain or any other symptom due to neuropathy.

I suggest you to get a Doppler of your calf done. This will help in finding out the cause.

Thank you