Travelling and finding it difficult to sleep at night, causing fatigue and stress. Suggest over the counter pill?

Hi, I'm currently travelling and finding it very difficult to sleep at night which is causing fatigue and stress next day. Is there any over the counter pill to sleep
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unfortunately not sir

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I am afraid there are no over the counter pills for sleeping sir. All these pills are prescription drugs, which means you cannot obtain these medications without a prescription from a doctor. The reason why these drugs are strictly regulated is because they have numerous side effects, But I am sure you can visit any doctor in your area, and request him/her for the same. A one time prescription should not be difficult to obtain if you explain your situation to the doctor.

You could also try mild exercises like walking, reading, etc; just before sleeping, which can tire you and get you to sleep.

I hope this information helps you sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.