Trapped air bubble, upper part of lungs, quick heartbeat, fever, burps

I'm 29 M. I have this pressure or blockage That im assuming is a trapped air bubble on my right side under my ribs about an inch or so below my nipple. Very small area the size of a quarter. I've also had this feeling at an upper part of my lung as well but not as often. It causes my heart rate to speed up. The more pressure/resistance i feel the faster it gets probably no more then 120bpm. Sometimes I get a fever and hot cheeks just before heart rate increases also. I can burp the small amount of air out eventually (I feel better almost immediately) but it's just replaced by more air 30 seconds to 5 mins later. The pressure is always their but its the build up of pressure that gives me issues. When I do burp it feels like coming from my right side lung not up the middle of my throat like a normal belch from a meal. 

I've been to the hospital for my heart before for tachycardia. Didnt have this symptom. I've learned to deal with it rather than medication. They said my heart is fine and believe it is also. In the past it would happen on it's own for no reason. This feels different. Like air bubble is putting pressure on something making heart work harder. This seems to be causing my increased heart rate

Ive been trying to see if its cause by anything. So far it seems to just be their on it's own accord. I feel the best laying down. The pressure ocures randomly throughout the day mostly when sitting up or standing still though it has happened laying down as well. It has happened before before my first meal of the day. So it doesn't seem related to what I eat or when I eat. I feel completely fine at first, then a slight pressure, then even more pressure when issues begin. 

I've been researching online coming up short. If it was something intestinal related would it cause air to build so high in my chest? The air comes from my lung not stomach and only my right lung.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 22 hours later

Thanks for your query,

After having read your history , I do not believe that the pocket of air coming out is from the lungs. Such an phenomenon can occur when the air escapes out from a closed hallow structure , but the lungs are the structures which are open to the outside and there is no inbuilt pocket of pressure to push the air out causing burp. If such pressure exist it will push the air into the lung tissue (which is very aerophilic) instead .

The burps are very typical symptoms of stomach air,The right side feeling is because the oesophagus is on the right of the heart closely related to right bronchus and any air built in it can apply presure over the heart and cause tachycardia.

Its always good to rule out the problems we suspect , for that i would ask you to get an Xray of the chest or still better would be a CT san.These investigations will surely give the right way to think about your problem.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place. Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.