Top of foot feels like somebody pulling, had put ice on it. What to do?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
the top of my right foot feels like somebody pulling a rubber band. all I did So far was icing it. what should Ido?
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

Did you sustain an injury to the foot/toe?

From description it seems that the toe area is inflamed or perhaps may be muscle pull.
Beside icing , you can take anti-inflammatory drug like ibuprofen (Motrin) one tablet as and when required to reduce the pain and inflammation.

You can apply muscle relaxant gel (if it is available over the counter in your locality) to the area affected to relieve the spasm. Use soft footwear and rest well.

Hope this will helps you. I will be glad to assist you further if you have any issues during recovery.

Wish you good health. Take care.

Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic Surgeon
Follow-up: Top of foot feels like somebody pulling, had put ice on it. What to do? 58 minutes later
I do remember dropping something on it thanks for the help
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Thanks for writing back.

As you had history of something dropped on your foot, it seems to be soft tissue injury.
Do rest to the part and avoid putting weight.

Hope this discussion was helpful. Please close the discussion if you have no further query. I will appreciate your reviews about this service.

Warm Regards.
Dr Saurabh Gupta