Took semen lab test. Can you tell me if the lab result is good or bad?

Hello i took a semen lab test the results were sperm count 31million, volume was 3.0, color yellowish, appearance was turbid, ph is 8.5, sperm morohology normal is 90% and abnormal is 10%, sperm motility was non motile 10% and motile 90% of which 50% is fast progressive 20% is slow progressive and 30% is pendular non progressive and finally the WBC is 2-4, RBC is 0-1 and says bacteria is few. Can you tell me if the lab result is good or bad
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
The following are the usual parameters for a normal semen analysis:
Count-More than 20 million sperm/ml
Motility-More than 50% motile
Morphology-More than 50% normal morphology
Semen Volume-2-5 ml
White Blood Cells-Less than 1 million/ml
So your lab report is good except few bacteria count.
There can be possibility of skin bacterial contamination during semen collection.
So, to rule out this possibility get your repeat semen analysis done.
If bacteria still persist, they can be treated easily according to their susceptibility to particular antibiotic.
I hope you will be satisfied with my answer. I will be available for your further queries.