Took regestrone tablet. Not getting periods. Any chances of getting pregnant?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Hi,Im 22 unmarried,I took regestrone tablet for getting my cycle before 3days the course of 10tablets was over,but till now i dint get my there any chance of me getting pregnant???
Posted Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 11 hours later
Regesterone is a hormonal tablet containing progesterone which when taken for ten days and stopped , will cause withdrawl bleeding within a week.
So if you have just finished your ten day course it is likely that you will have your period within few days . During the ten days of the tablet there will be no bleeding hence it is prescribed for postponement of periods by doctors . It can be used for preponement if taken well in advance in the middle of your cycle.
So please do not worry . If you were on regesterone and missed your dates you are most probably not pregnant and will have your menses anytime within a week from stopping . In rare cases it might disturb the menstrual cycle pattern and it may take more than a week , however in that case you will have to consult your doctor for further management .
As of now you may wait and watch for a week.
In case you had a history of unprotected intercourse in this month then it would be advisable to rule out pregnancy using a home urine pregnancy test kit ( pregcolor card etc) . If there has been no unprotected intercourse then it's unlikely that you are pregnant .
So I would advise you first of all to wait and watch for a week and if further delayed then get a urine test done and consult your doctor . As of now I don't think pregnancy is the most likely cause of this delay rather the regesterone is likely to be responsible for it.
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.