Took rabipur vaccine 4th dosage. Noticed swelling in injected area. How to get cured?

Hello doctor
I'm XXXXXX and I was vaccinated the rabipur 4th dose yesterday. Today morning by mistake I banged slightly onto the wall and later got a swelling on the injected area. It still persists and I am worried. Please help me.
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

It is possible that by banging on the wall at the site of injection, it might give rise to impact and there might be some contusion on the site. It is also possible that this might be regular injection prick pain appearing after few hours.

Nothing to worry. Do cold sponging. You can apply Thrombophob cream on the part. Do not give hot fomentation.

If swelling increases, there are chances of having infection, then consult your doctor and get examined.

Hop, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.