Took postpone 72 after intercourse. What should be done to prevent pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
hi doctor,I had sex with my gf on 12/12/12 and she took postpone 72 next noon around 2 (she last had her periods on 27 no) problem is i don't remember anything from that night. i did not insert/ejaculate inside her. we're little scared right now. what else can we do to prevent pregnancy? she's staying with her parents so cant go to a hospital without them knowing. thanks in advance.
Posted Sun, 6 Jan 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 20 minutes later

As she took the emergency pill within 72 hours, it can possibly prevent the pregnancy according to manufacturers.
At present nothing can be done.
So better to wait till her expected date of periods.
If she gets the period on time, it is good.
If the period get delayed by one week, better to go for home urine pregnancy test once.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Took postpone 72 after intercourse. What should be done to prevent pregnancy? 5 minutes later
thank you doctor. if she tests positive.what should we do further?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 hours later
If the test comes positive, then she has to consult gynecologist and undergo ultrasound to confirm intrauterine pregnancy.
Then with the doctor's advice she can go for medical termination of pregnancy.
But don't worry the possibility of pregnancy is less.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.