Took morning after pill after unprotected sex. Why am I getting gas pain? How to avoid pregnancy?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
i had unprotected sex with a guy and he accidently put a sperm in me and I took a morning after pill the same day but why do I have gas pain and I don't want to get pregnant my mom will kill me and I don't have a boyfriend I always wear condoms but now I know it never will happen again
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 14 minutes later
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I would like to ask a few questions to serve you better:
1) When did the contact occur?
2) when was your last menstrual period?
3) Are you having any other symptoms other than gas pain? Why do you think you are pregnant?
Hope to hear from you soon,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Follow-up: Took morning after pill after unprotected sex. Why am I getting gas pain? How to avoid pregnancy? 5 minutes later
i had unprotected sex on thursday at 12 pm and my last period was march 8th. No I don't think im pregnant. I had diarrhea before I had unprotected sex. I just had a headache cuz I always have problems sleeping.
i took the morning after pill that same day

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 35 minutes later
In your circumstance where you had single unprotected sex contact and also used a morning after pill on the same day, it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant.
But theoretically es you can still be pregnant even if the chances are very less as none of the contraceptive measures are hundred percent safe.
Get a urine pregnancy test done after 2wks and check yourself. Until then no need to panic at this stage.
Secondly regarding your gas pains, do take some ant acids like ranitidine which will reduce your pains.
I am sure you will be more responsible in future.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Took morning after pill after unprotected sex. Why am I getting gas pain? How to avoid pregnancy? 13 hours later
So you're saying im not pregnant and I will be ok and are you sure I be ok

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 8 hours later
Yes I feel that mostly you are not pregnant. But still you need to check after 2 weeks with a UPT test. Even if use a condom, still one can get pregnant. None of the contraceptive measures are 100% safe.
Best of luck!
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Took morning after pill after unprotected sex. Why am I getting gas pain? How to avoid pregnancy? 17 days later
I have a question a guy cum after he took his penis out of my vagina and we did unprotected sex do I need to get a morning after pill and will i get pregnant and I took the pregancy test afterward

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 6 hours later
Hello again,
I am sorry but I couldn't get your query properly.
Do you mean to say that you had unprotected sex without penis in the vegina
or
He withdrew the penis just before the release of his sperm.
What happened to your pregnancy test that you did after the previous encounter.
I would appreciate if you can provide the mentioned answers in detail so that I can serve you better.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

I mean he put his penis in my vagina after when he was about to cum he pull it out and cum on my stomach

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 hours later
Hello Again,
Yes, the semen and lubricant which keep on coming even before the ejaculation may have sperm and there is a possibility that you may become pregnant , but the chances are very less.You should take morning after pill.
Secondly, we have been talking for a while now, just wanted to suggest that unprotected sex carries the risk of pregnancy even if the penis was removed before the ejaculation. More than this it carries the risk of sexually transmitted diseases like HIV and herpes. you should discourage anybody interested in unprotected sex. Do you have problem saying no to that? i hope not.
Thanks and regards,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy