Took morning after pill. Upper thigh and buttock feels hot and warm to touch. Any solution?

Infertility Specialist
My right upper (back of it) thigh and buttock (towards the hip) are warm to the touch and feel hot. No rash no boils just feels hot, especially when I'm sitting.
Also - took the morning after pill Monday night and Tuesday morning
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 minutes later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Morning after pill contains hormones which cause water accumulation as well as warm feeling in body due to rise of temparature.

2) These effects gradually reduce over 4 to days as hormonal effects wears off.

3) Hence I suggest you dont worry about it and let it pass slowly and you will surely feel better soon.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.

Follow-up: Took morning after pill. Upper thigh and buttock feels hot and warm to touch. Any solution? 3 minutes later
Would this include heat in a specific area? The heat is very localized - not wide spread in any way.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 8 minutes later

It appears in different forms. It also appears like as yours localized to one part. Hence i suspect that could be the reason.

If it does not come down in 4 to 5 days, you have to get examined by a doctor to rule out inflammation of the part which is second option.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol