Took medication for cellulitis. Noticed darkening of skin on infected area. Should I be worried?

I was dignose with cellulitis in my left leg u have finish all the.medication and the swelling and.pain are gone but in the part were I got it now look darker than all the other parts of my leg is this something to worry about or how.long would it take to heal thank you
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
HI, thanks for using health care magic

The darkening that you are seeing is as a result of the inflammation that would have been associated with the infection.
It will resolve almost completely with 3 to 5 weeks.

Some persons apply various creams to quicken the process.
It would be important to keep the area moisturized. In addition the use of creams such as hydroquinone may be useful. This has to been obtained via prescription from your doctor.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions