Took lumbar steroid injection. Got injury at the site of injection. Should I be concerned?

Nov 2013

I had a lumbar steroid injection Friday at 10 am, Saturday evening at 7pm, I slipped and fell on my back and butt, on the site of the injection, Now, Monday night the site is aching. Should I be at all concerned? Thank you
Posted Sun, 10 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I wish to reassure you that there is no cause of concern in your case.

Since the pain is only local (at the site of fall), there is little chance of any XXXXXXX injury.

For pain relief, you may take ibuprofen or diclofenac tablet. It should settle down in a few days.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist