Took levonelle after unprotected sex. Got light period and heavy white discharge. Chances of pregnancy?

Question
Hi DR I had sex with my b.f on 24th of XXXXXXX and my last period was 3rd of XXXXXXX n I m on 28 days cycle basically what happen we had a sex while condom breaks n he did not discharge as well I took levonelle on 25th and again I got my periods but they are very light n short they last only 3 days after that I spotted for 2 days I m very stressed as well could I be pregnant or what happen to me I have some white heavy discharge and have some blood n irritation when I pee
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Dhakappa 12 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
As far as the alteration in the flow during the periods is concerned, some amount can be expected as a side effect of Levonelle. But we would need to rule out pregnancy as well and the best way to do that would be a urine pregnancy test. Please do this with the first morning urine sample and follow the instructions on the kit carefully.
As far as the irritation during passing urine is concerned, we could be dealing with a ultrasound of the abdomen and the pelvis to rule out other causes. Till then, have plenty of fluids and drink 1 cup of cranberry juice daily. This will help flush out whatever bacteria in the urinary tract.
Please get the investigations done and get back to me with the results.
Best

Follow-up: Took levonelle after unprotected sex. Got light period and heavy white discharge. Chances of pregnancy? 1 hour later
Hi thanks for reply Dr I have check with pregnancy test as well I think 4times but that is negative Is it too early or what

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Dhakappa 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX

Pregnancy test you have done should be fine. Please note that though your urine is negative for pregnancy test, we will have to rule out the possibility of urinary infection; hence the urine test for Routine and C&S.

Ultra sound of pelvis will rule out possibility of any pelvic pathology detectable.
Please revert with the reports.

Thanx for replying if I got negative result it means I m not pregnant when is the best time to find out by pregnancy test and the other question is .. Is blood in urine sign of ectopic Pregnancy my tummy is more big now plz reply as soon as possible

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Dhakappa 14 hours later
Usually 2 days after a missed period the first urine sample can be tested for pregnancy, however at times it may be delayed.
Blood in urine is not a symptom of ectopic pregnancy.
Please have a pelvic ultra sound done & revert with urine reports as well as USG report.