Took ipill on the day expecting periods. Never had vaginal sex but had fingering. Chances of pregnancy?

Question
my gf took ipill on the day when she was expecting periods, that was on 28th of XXXXXXX ..
v were only fooling around 2 days before
we didnt have sex
but i did fingered her ...n she masturbated me..but we washed everything with hot water n soap before i fingered her
then y r her periods delayed?
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 42 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX thanks for the query.

The ways you told are least likely to result in pregnancy.

As per your history, your girlfriend took I pill. Periods usually come on time or earlier after such emergency contraception but in some women, period may be delayed by 3-7 days after emergency contraception. This is most probably the reason of her delayed period.

In my opinion, you should wait for at least few more days for her period. If unfortunately, she does not get her period even after 1 week of her due date, then you should go for early pregnancy test (urine/serum beta HCG test) to plan early intervention.

Hope this helps. Good luck.