Took ipill after unprotected sex. HPT positive. What should be done for abortion?

I had unprotected sex with my girl friend. I gave her an i-pill within 24 hrs, once she got positive result for pregnancy in the urine test(Home pregnancy test kit from Cipla). This was on 14th April evening. On 19th April Early morning, she tested on the home pregnancy test kit again(the urine test) and got positive results. Does this mean she is pregnant? If yes, How do we go about abortion now?
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 41 minutes later
The positive urine test means she is pregnant. The I-pill should be used within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse. It is an emergency contraceptive. There is no use of giving the pill after the confirmation of pregnancy.
If you want an abortion with medicines then there are kits for abortion available which you can get on a doctor's prescription. It is best to use these kits under the expert guidance of a gynaecologist as such kits are often associated with complications like excessive bleeding and incomplete abortion. You will have to search a gynaecologist near your place for guidance.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.