Took five no.s of lonazep. What should be done?

my wife took lonazep 0.25 mg,,,, ---> 5 tablet,tell me what to do ,its 2 am here in india
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

This is a very good question and am sorry you are dealing with stress right now.

I want to reassure you that five tablets of this medication will not be extremely XXXXXXX Your wife will be very sedated for about the next eight hours. I would encourage her to drink plenty of fluids to help flush her system.

The total dose that she took is not at all illegal or XXXXXXX or life-threatening. I want to reassure you of that.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful. If there is some concern about your wife I would encourage you to have her visit with her psychiatrist as well to discuss her overall psychological well-being.

Dr Robert.