Took fertyle after last period. On follicular study, Egg was raptured, on injection. Had brown discharge. Am I pregnant?

Question
hi
i got my last mesuration on 23-02-2012
then from 27th for 5 days i took fertyl tab.
then i went for follicular study from 27thfeb.
On 7th mar my doc gave me one injection.
on 9th mar the egg got raptured .(everything was good as per my dr.). We made love on 8th,9th and 10th.
then from11-feb for ten days i took susten 100 mg twice a day.
on 24th and 25th i got brown discharged and with some dark blood with it.
wats this?? My question is it period or something else?? if period wat might have went wrong that i m not pregnant . Any suggestion?? If not period should i go with pregnancy test.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for providing the query in detail.

From your history you took susten for 10 days so probably you have stopped around 21st Feb.

Usually if there is no pregnancy withdrawal bleeding takes place 3-4 days after stopping of susten.
So the brown discharge with dark blood could be start of your periods.

But as you desire pregnancy I would suggest you to get a Beta HCG (beta human chorionic gonadotrophin) test done to confirm whether you are pregnant.

It is a blood test done for confirmation of early pregnancy that is within 3 weeks of last menstrual periods.

If the pregnancy test confirms pregnancy then the bleeding is a sign of threatened abortion and you will need to consult your Gynaecologist for immediate treatment.

Hope you find this answer helpful.

In case you have any queries please write back and I shall be available for help.

Please accept this answer if you have no further queries.

Warm regards

Follow-up: Took fertyle after last period. On follicular study, Egg was raptured, on injection. Had brown discharge. Am I pregnant? 9 hours later
thanks shainaz but the brown discharge stoppped frm today morning............

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back.
As per your dates, you should have got your menses by now as it is 26th March (if you had regular cycles).
I feel you should do a pregnancy test as it seems you have missed your periods. A beta hCG level would be most useful at the present since a urine pregnancy test would take about 1 week to become positive ( assuming you are pregnant)
So please get tested and then revert back with the results.
All the best.

Follow-up: Took fertyle after last period. On follicular study, Egg was raptured, on injection. Had brown discharge. Am I pregnant? 33 hours later
Hi i went for beta Hcg test.. it is 2.4 .. non pregnant

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 2 hours later
Hello Jaya;
Thanks for writing back with the report.
According to your report of Beta HCG you are not pregnant.
So by this time you should have got your proper flow of periods.
I guess the brown discharge with dark blood you had was probably your periods.
But as you did not get proper flow of menses it could be due to hormonal imbalance.
For this problem you need to consult your Gynaecologist in person and she will do the needful treatment.
Hope that answer is helpful to you.
Please accept this answer in case you have no further questions.