Took feliz for panic attack. Suggested to take lonazep at night. What to do?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2014
Dec 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
i am suffering from panic attacks frequently.....in morning i took tab feliz s 10 and suddenly my panic attacks were triggered......doctor has suggested me also lonazep md 0.50 mg in night.....should i take it or no?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Anxiety and Stress

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 6 minutes later
Hello
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Feliz s 10 is escitalopram. It is a SSRI drug, when it is taken it may cause a little increase in restlessness and consequent precipitation of panic attack. When taken for long time it cause relief in anxiety and panic attacks. It provide long term control of anxiety and panic attack. But for symptomatic relief Benzodiazepines are usually prescribed. Lonazep is clonazepam and it can be taken on SOS basis for relief in panic and anxiety, in the mean time Feliz will start showing its response.
So I will advise you to take it, there is no harm in taking it. But take it for short period only as it has abuse potential.

Hope I cleared your doubt, if you have more queries you can ask again.

Thanks
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD

Follow-up: Took feliz for panic attack. Suggested to take lonazep at night. What to do? 1 hour later
feliz created shortness of breath in evening.............for some time i was too restless....so does lonazep has such effects like.....any strong effects

Hello again
As it caused shortness of breath I would advise you to take it in morning after breakfast. As it is a little activating and may cause slight insomnia so it is better to take it in morning.
Lonazep will ameliorate any anxiety symptoms cause due to Feliz or due to anxiety disorder itself. So there is no need to worry as 0.25-0.5 mg doses will only help you.

Thanks, if you are satisfied with conversation please rate. If you have more questions you can ask again.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD

had taken it in morning only after breakfast.........but whole day it created panic attacks and shortness of breath.....so i think no such problem with lonazep.....i think more it will help..........should i go for it

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 59 minutes later
Yes you should take clonazepam also. Don't stop feliz as it will help in correcting the serotonin transmission.
Wish you a good health.

Thanks
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi