Took epilan, frisium, and enchorate chrono for last 10 years. Started feeling epileptic seizures. Reason?

Nov 2013

Hello Doctor, I have been taking epilan 30 mg 1 tablet a day , frisium 5 2 tablets a day & enchorate chrono 300 2 tablets a day for the last 10 years.I dont get any epileptic seizures .
What happened last week and yesterday was , momentarily my mind went blank and i could not recoginise what i was doing.for example i came out of the lift and was walking on the corridor of my building lobby.didnt use the house keys to open the door. asked my wife if shoes were ok inside the house & also when i went to my bedroom , didnt know where to go and have a shower.

can u give me a solution please or any number where i can call u..I have been consulting Dr P.S XXXXXXX but its been ages since i have met him, my fault....
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Epilepsy
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
There are two possible reasons for what you experienced yesterday.
The first reason could be a complex partial seizure, where a person could get confused, disoriented and have loss of memory. This could last for a few minutes, following which everything would be back to normal.
Second possibility could be a decrease of blood supply to certain parts of brain, especially temporal lobes. This is less likely in your case, if you do not have risk factors for the same. The common risk factors include high BP, high sugars, high cholesterol, smoking, etc.
At this point of time, there is no need to worry.
You need evaluation by a neurologist to adjust the dose of anti-epileptic medications and to decide if you require investigations such as MRI brain, EEG, blood tests, etc.
Please get back if you require any additional information.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad