Took contraceptive injection. having headache, sore breast. HPT came negative. Pregnant?

hi, i have recently been on the contriceptive injection, me & my partner decided we would like to try for a baby? i have a son who is 3. my injection was due at the start of febuary but didnt take it.
my stomach has blown up massive, im having constant headaches, feeling sick all the time, off my food, breasts have changed shape?
i have done 3 pregnancy test 2 this week & 1 last week all come back negative?
im not sure when my period is due as with the injection it was very unpredictable?
would i be best going to the doctors for a blood test or wait a few weeks and do another home test?
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 17 minutes later

Return of fertility is usually after 9 months after the last injection and this means you may not have started ovulating yet. The symptoms you are experiencing are probably due to hormonal withdrawal.

As you have had three negative pregnancy tests it is unlikely that you are pregnant. Yet, you may get a serum beta-hCG measurement to have confirmation. This can be taken now if you wish to confirm. This will be conclusive and you can wait for your normal cycles to set in if it is negative.

I advice you have a visit to your consultant for an evaluation as you have stopped the contraception.

Hope I have clarified your query. If you need further clarifications, please feel free to ask. I will be happy to help.