Took brufen for headache. Started pain, discomfort in stomach and throat. Any cure?

I have a gnawing, hollow feeling in my stomach and throat even though I just ate a meal. Two nights ago I took a Bufferin for a headache. About 2 hrs later I took one more Bufferin and then went to bed. Stomach pain started about 1 hour later and kept me awake all night. The pain stopped a day later, but now I have this gnawing, uncomfortable feeling in my stomach and throat.
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 15 minutes later

Your symptoms are suggestive of gastric mucosal irritation, that is gastritis.Its common side effect of Bufferine, pain killer.

These symptoms are short lasting.You can try few things like oral antacid,avoid spicy food, have smaller meals,avoid being empty stomach and don't take painkillers on empty stomach.Meanwhile avoid any painkillers.

Hope this helps.Regards.

Follow-up: Took brufen for headache. Started pain, discomfort in stomach and throat. Any cure? 17 hours later
Just wanted to thank Dr. Sudhir!
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 6 hours later
You are most welcomed.Please let me know if you need any help in future.Do take out time to post a positive review on my profile.

Best wishes.