Took avil. Having itching on the upper part of body. Developed some red marks.Side effect?

Hello Sir
Since last two hours i am having itching on the upper part of my body. There are some red marks (like bitten by small ant) on which the itching happens..but after some time old marks go away and new marks come up at some other part of the body. I am from india and have just taken one avil tablet..please advise me..
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
itching with acute rash can be due to any of the following.
1. Insect bite hyper sensitivity. Few people are very sensitive, you might have got an insect bite, even mosquito bite which you might not have noticed, and now this is causing allergy in your whole body.
2. Urticaria.
This is usually a chronic condition where rash keep on coming on body on weekly or monthly interval.
As you got this rash for first time, I would like to consider insect bite hyper sensitivity as the most probable diagnosis.
You did good by taking avil. Take this tablet for 7 days. Along with this apply calasoft lotion, this will give you lot of relief.
Dont worry you will be fine.
Let me know if you have any other doubt.
Thank you