Took acetamophen for headache and cold. Having body pain. Any advice?

ENT Specialist
I had a headache and cold and I was feeling feverish for which I took acetamophen from last 2 days.
Everything is fine now but I have body pain continuing till now. Can you please advice?? I am 28 yr old male
Posted Mon, 14 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. During a severe cold, this is commonly seen. Headache, body ache, fever is usually seen in a viral infection. The blocked nose causes blockage of the Nasal SInuses which in turn leads to the feverishness.

2. Get routine blood and urine tests to rule out dengue, malaria and bacterial infections.

3. If these tests are normal then there is no cause for worry.

4. Get your throat and nose examined by an ENT Specialist to rule out any cause such as a sinusitis. Where exactly is your headache?

5. You may request your physician to prescribe an anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, decongestant and mucolytic. Acetamiophen is a good anti-fever (anti-pyretic) medication, however it may not act well against headache and body ache. Take regular steam inhalation and medicated gargles. Keep yourself well hydrated. Avoid antibiotics if you have no fever and a reducing cold.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.