Took Tramadol and having migraine. Still have poor vision, thumping head and vomiting. Suggest?

Hi There,

My brother took a Tramadol 2 hours ago as he is suffering from a migraine. He still has poor vision, thumping head and vomiting. Is he able to take any other medication..?? example mersyndol?

Thanking You
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Prasad 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
He can take other medicines...

Detailed Answer:

Yes, he can take other medicines but not mersyndol. Mersyndol and other opioid medication can produce synergestic effects. He might end up vomiting more as opioid can induce vomiting.

In such cases, I suggest my patients to try anti vomiting pills such as domperidone along with sumatriptan 10mg. This combination is highly effective in treating acute migraine headache. I am not sure if the above drugs are available over the counter in your locality. You can check with your pharmacist.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.