Took Clindamycin after dry socket from tooth extraction. Feeling sick, diarrhea, nausea and headache. Suggest?

I took Clindamycin XXXXXXX for 7 days after I got a dry socket from a tooth extraction. It has made me so sick; diarrhea, nausea, headache. I stopped it 2 days ago, as per my dentist, but am still experiencing the same symptoms. How long can I expect to feel this way?????
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
you are having Pseudomembranous colitis

Detailed Answer:

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concerns.

Pseudomembranous colitis, a cause of antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD), is an inflammation of the colon.

The use of broad-spectrum antibiotic like clindamycin causes it.

You need to visit near by probiotic drink containing Lactobacillus casei,L. bulgaricus, and Streptococcus thermophilus which is reported to be working for in some cases.

Thanks for the query. Please feel free to contact me in case of further concern.