Tonsils removed. Noticed white spot in back of throat. Could it be a scar tissue?

My son had his tonsils out in December, and still has one white spot in back of throat that didn't turn back to pink. It is not an ulcer in the skin, just a round white spot that looks like it isn't healed or maybe is it scar tissue? Is that normal? It has been 3 months will the spot ever turn back to pink? He has had other tests done such as flu test and strep and are all negative. Our doctor said it might be winter canker sores. It doesn't look like that though it is smooth like healed skin but it is a white circle.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

Although white spots at the back of throat are a cause of concern but if the spot is not painful,remained same in size persistently and all the tests regarding strep and flu test negative,I think there is nothing to worry. It seeks more like some healed scar tissue as mentioned by you.

I would recommend you to forget it and just keep a watch on this. With time it should go way of it's own and turn pinkish.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck