Toe is arched and unable to stretch. Feels painful. Remedy?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
my second toe is arched and unable to stretch it out and it is very painful not so much at the toe but behind the toe and the previous few days pain was down the outside of my foot
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Few conditions present with similar picture.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

The are few conditions which presents with deformities in the toes. A detailed direct clinical examination followed by Xrays of the involved joints are necessary to establish a proper diagnosis.

The most propable cause in your case could be either Hammer toe deformity or Claw toe deformity. The initial management of both the conditions is conservative in the form of modification of the foot wear and using arch support pads.

If the pain is not subsiding with conservative means, surgical correction of the deformity is indicated.

Hope I have addressed your query. Happy to help further