Toddler has rashes all over body. Diagnosed with HSV -1 Ab Igg positive. What does this mean?

dear sir my 5weeks old baby boy have HSV-1 Ab Igg positive 3.59 . what does it mean ?, understand me in brief .He has rashes on skin face and surrounding body parts , it start on chick than forehead than neck and than surround neck its going down in body day by day. what should I do?
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 15 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
It means that he has got the antibody through you. He does not have active infection,
These rashes are not related to HSV.
Stop application of oil on the skin .
Apply a aloevera-calamine lotion on the rashes for a week.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Toddler has rashes all over body. Diagnosed with HSV -1 Ab Igg positive. What does this mean? 21 minutes later
mother is HSV 1 Ab Igm positive . does any chance to transmitted to my child
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 1 minute later
Mother is affected so her antibodies have been transmitted to the child. Treat the mother.