Tiredness, loss of energy. Recovering from heroin & alcohol addiction. Taking vitamins, healthy diet & sleep. Advise?

Im a recovering heroin addict and alcoholic.Ive been sober for 20 months.Over this time Ive become feeling more and more tired and worn out. I eat healthy,work out,take vitamins and usually get 7-10 hours of sleep per night.Any ideas?
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 hours later

I am happy for your commitment.

At this moment it is good to get a complete health check up done esp liver function tests including hepatitis. A complete blood work is necessary either. We need to know the functioning status of the liver and rule out infections first.

Since you are on good diet and sleep I would not be concerned about the current situation. Continue them.

Please take the help of the physician for arranging the above tests.

Good luck