Tiny red bumps appeared on forehead. Is this the cause of concern?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I had some tiny red bumps on my forehead, but I noticed that one of them turned into brown spot (like a mole).
Posted Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Hello

Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted, you had protected sex
and now worried about acquiring HIV. Since you have already done the test which turned out to be negative, you should not worry at all. To be free from anxiety you can repeat HIV test after three months.

To comment on what the red bumps could be, it would be easier if you can upload an image of the same here. There is a feature to attach an image on the right side of the query page. It is very unlikely for the bump to be related to your past sexual encounter.

Please feel free if you have any more questions. I shall be pleased to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Tiny red bumps appeared on forehead. Is this the cause of concern? 1 hour later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX

Many thank for your response. I attached the photos for you. As I a mentioned before I have occasional mild ache in my pelvic groin area when I wake up or some time at night.
I should mention that the red spots on my forehead are disappeared, except the one which turned into light brown color.

Thanks for uploading the photos. The red spots that you have on forehead and forearms looks to be a small micro collection of blood beneath the superficial layer of skin and could be due to allergy and definitely not related to your past sexual encounter and will subside of their own in a week or two. If persists for more than 2 weeks consult qualified Dermatologist for opinion and treatment.

The occasional mild pain that you have in groin could be just due to spasm of the muscle in groin for which you can take any pain killer available over the counter of a medical store. Please feel free to ask if you have any more queries. I shall try to address the same.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil.