Tinnitus, hearing loss, PCOS. Taking celexa, doxipin. Is this serious?

when i stand up or turn my head i have a weird whooshing sound. it is faster than my heartbeat and not the same as tinnitus. i have tinnitus because of hearing loss. this isnt like that. my blood pressure is usually fine but the last 2 times the doctor checked it the bottom number was high so she put me on a low dose b.p/fluid pill and im taking potassium with that. i also take celexa and doxipin. im 37. female. polycystic ovaries. this has been going on for 2 weeks and seems to be getting worse. going to try to see the doctor next week. sometimes i have dizziness with it and i do have middle ear problems. just wondering if this is very serious and will it go away
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 12 minutes later

These wooshing sound in the ears is due to tinnitus due to Eustachian tube dysfunction. When the eustachian tube becomes blocked, air pressure builds until the middle-ear air pressure cannot fully equalize.

First of all, gargle with saltwater to clear the eustachian tubes, suck on candy, chew gum or take a nasal decongestant. These measures will help in opening the Eustachian tube. For prescription of nasal decongestants, consult your doctor as they should be taken under prescription.

In most cases, there is no specific treatment for tinnitus. It may simply go away on its own. However if it persists then you have to get an examination done from an ENT specialist. It can be due to ear wax, fluid, infection, or disease of the middle ear bones or ear drum, advancing age, diseases of the inner ear (you already have middle ear problems), damage to the nerve in the inner ear, some medicines like aspirin and sometimes aneurysm or an acoustic tumor.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.