Tingling, swelling, outbreaks on taking Tamoxifen. Other options?

I never got an answer to my question due to a computer problem, and XXXXXXX t want to be charged for it. My question was about Tamoxifen. It made me have electrical type tingling and swelling plus skin outbreaks. I quit taking it without my cancer Dr's approval. With the breast removable I am cancer free. What other options do I have?
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Tamoxifen is one the most widely used drug today in the management of breast cancer, either that which has already spread (metastatic) or local. However, it has common side effects. Most are not usually that severe, but can render one a bit uncomfortable.

Despite these side effects, it’s advisable for you to inform your doctor, for other treatment options to be explored. At times, there exist methods or medications to aid reduce its side effects. Also, ensuring that the events you experience are entirely due to the drug is also very important. Other causes could cause similar manifestations and could be mistaken to be associated to Tamoxifen.

The tingling and swelling and skin outbreaks in my opinion are rarely or almost never experienced with Tamoxifen. I suggest you book an appointment with your oncologist for a complete clinical review and management.

Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health. It’s of utmost importance to exclude other causes before thinking of Tamoxifen.

Best regards,
Dr Luchuo, MD