Tingling sensation in arm, finger. What could be the cause?

My left hand and arm has this tingling shock sensation especially if i rest my arm on something. Feels like a current of light electricity especially my little finger
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 46 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The symptoms you have mentioned are neurological in origin however such neurological often results either due to nerve compression or depression. one rare cause is multiple myeloma but it is generalized and felt all over the body.

The problem you are having is most probably due to nerve compression either due to improper lying position or placing hand under the hand or due to disc problem either dislocation or straightening.

It is recommended to visit neurologist for better opinion as you may require an x-ray and CT or MRI of neck

If you still have some query, feel free to ask