Ask a Urologist   »  

Tingling sensation at the end of urinating. Taking Uril since 3 days. Causes ?

Hi I have a tingle sensation after I finish peeing and I'm female and I had it for 3 days and I have been taking uril
Posted Mon, 4 Jun 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 4 hours later

Thank you for posting the query.

Based on the limited information provided by you, I suspect that you might be suffering from an urinary tract infection.

As far as the medicine you are taking (Uril), I do not know the contents of that particular tablet, my guess is that it contains flavoxate (urinary bladder relaxant).

It would help me if you could tell me the exact contents of this tablet.

I suggest you consult your urologist and get a routine urine exam done along with urine culture and sensitivity so that an appropriate antibiotic may be started.

Till then you can continue to take uril and you should drink plenty of fluids, cranberry juice will also help relieve you of the symptoms.

It is best to get these investigations done along with a visit to a urologist.

Hope this information helps you. Please do write back with the contents of the tablet you are taking.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.