Tingling in the lips, numbness in arms and cramps on the calf. Have carpal tunnel syndrome. Any suggestions?

Oncologist, Surgical
My lips tingle when they are puahed on, not a good tingle. No problems talkimg, eating or drooling. Only when I push on them or kiss my girlfriend passionayely. Freaked out a little. Numbneas in both arms, right is worse, but thought carpel tunnel since I am at computer 40+ hrs a week. Sometimes at nught, bad muscle cramp in left calf.
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 24 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem but I am glad that you are seeking medical attention for the same.
The symptoms you have described could be because of a cervical spine problem as well. Do you also have pain in the back (especially upper back)? If yes, you should have it evaluated by an orthopedic surgeon and it might require an MRI as well.
Carpal tunnel does not cause tingling in the arms or the lips. It mainly affects the fingers. Nocturnal cramps are a common problem and you can take a multivitamin alon with vitamin E to attain relief from that problem. A multivitamin (esp Vitamin B complex) might also help the tingling you are suffering from.

Hope you get well soon. Please feel free to ask any other query.
Follow-up: Tingling in the lips, numbness in arms and cramps on the calf. Have carpal tunnel syndrome. Any suggestions? 19 minutes later
the tingleing, numbness is in my fingers mostly.....I do have herniated discs in my lower back, alot of tension and stress in kneck and shoulders. I was doing pull ups on saturday and pulled something that made my neck and back, shoulder area. The tingling in my lips are not all the time....have had before, comes and goes. You look on web and of course, think the worst. I will be going to see a doctor as soon as my insurance is going, afraid if I go before, it will be a pre-existing condition.
Thank You.
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 2 hours later
Dear Ma'am,

As you have mentioned that you have been suffering from a back problem in the past, then the most likely cause of your symptoms is a cervical spine problem. You should consult a doctor as soon as possible as this can worsen and lead to weakness in your hands as well.

Hope you get well soon.