Tingling in the face followed by hive like elevation and then sinking. What can be the cause ?

I'm a 69 year old male, and during the last 2 months, I've beensuffering with tingling on my facefollowed by an elevation like hive, but doesn't go away. the latest assault was a one inch darkened sinking above me left jaw. everything is preceded with a tingling. I went to my family doctor, and she suggested I make an appointment with a dermotolgist, which I did. However, I still have to wait a month for the appointment. This whole ordeal is changing the landscape of my face, and making me a nervous wreck, especially the several spots that are slightly sinking.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 8 hours later

Hive or allergies when they start take a while to heal completely.

Anything that is causing allergy, then be it any oral allergen, inhaled dust or any local application, needs to be withheld.

If symptoms go away with Antihistamine medicine like Atarax and come back after the drug's effect is lost, is likely to be Urticaria only.

A photgraph from your end will help in making a more authentic diagnosis. You have a feature to upload your photograph on the right side of query page. Please utilize that.

I hope, I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer your follow up query once I receive photographs of lesion.